Live from CASE/DRIVE: What is Alumni Identity?
EverTrue CEO Brent Grinna caught up with Dr. Jay Le Roux Dillon at CASE/DRIVE to discuss Alumni Engagement trends in 2018.
Here are a few additional thoughts:
Sometimes it’s easiest to define a new idea by what it isn’t. Especially in Higher Education Advancement.
Alumni Identity is not alumni affinity. Nor is it a 1 or 0 in your alumni database.
Alumni Identity is a psychometric measure of a graduate’s own self-concept in relation to where they went to school. It’s about how much of their self-identity they would attribute to their alma mater.
Alumni Identity is about who you are. Alumni affinity is something that you have – and can lose.
Here are the top 5 things you need to know about #AlumniIdentity:
- Alumni Identity can be quantified and scored
- Alumni Identity is associated positively with alumni giving
- Alumni Identity predicts donor likelihood and amount
- Alumni Identity is open to influence through direct institutional actions
- 3 of the 5 factors that influence Alumni Identity most are virtual engagements
Originally published by EverTrue.